Tuesday, August 2, 2011

shin min ah - interview. she talked about seung gi

MinAh talks about uhm-chin-ah and #1 potential son-in-law Seunggi, his fans of all ages, why she felt burdened acting opposite him, why he doesn’t call her noona, his flawless skin, why she would choose Daewoong over Teacher Dong Joo, lurking on SeungGi’s fan cafe, the best kiss scene thus far in Shin MinAh’s lifetime, and her feelings about their kiss scene and viewers’ unending interest in the Hoi Couple’s love and potential jakjiki!  [Reminder: These are excerpts pertaining to what MinAh had to say about SeungGi from various articles; this is not one seamless interview.]
Shin MinAh did an interview on October 3rd, two days after My Girlfriend is a Gumiho wrapped.  There are a bunch of articles out about the interview, covering a range of topics.  Some of the criticism of MinAh prior to the drama was that she had never had a big hit project and that she was more known for her CFs than her acting roles.  But per typical Hong Sisters’ dramas and their way of writing female lead roles and catapulting the actresses to stardom (ie, Han Chae Young, Lee Da Hae, Park Shin Hye), My Girlfriend is a Gumiho has definitely made MinAh an even bigger star.  MinAh even admitted that this was the first time she has experienced so much love and support.  She also talked about SeungGi (only those parts are highlighted)…
MinAh said she felt quite empty now that the drama had ended. Although super busy during the filming, it seems all this downtime is too much rest time.  She said she felt a bit saddened and disappointed as she realized the drama had truly ended, adding again that both her body and mind felt somewhat empty.  However, because of the good result of the drama she felt ready to jump into her next project.
MinAh said that she was a little concerned when she first signed on to the project since there had already been so much buzz about the drama with the early casting of Lee SeungGi and the involvement of the Hong Sisters, but that she was thankful to the Hong Sisters for developing the gumiho character.  And added that she was thankful to Lee Seung Gi for showing forth his strength as well.
MinAh also revealed that she did feel somewhat burdened upon acting opposite Lee Seung Gi as he has so many fans. She said, ” I knew Lee Seung Gi was popular, but I really understood just how popular he was during the drama.  From little kids all the way up to grandmas and grandpas, he is very popular.  Thus, I felt somewhat burdened to do a good job acting opposite an actor who is so beloved by everyone.  But because the love between the two characters was so lovely and sweet, I feel that by being associated with that, people also looked at my in a lovely way.”
MinAh said, “As he has fans of all ages and because of his uhm-chin-ah and princely image, I was worried that they would say me being older would not be a good match for Lee Seung Gi.”  She even revealed that because of these burdens, during the earlier part of the drama, she peeked in and lurked at SeungGi’s fan cafe.  Ha! Love that she’s so honest!
Regarding her chemistry with Seunggi, MinAh said, “It was really comfortable.  Up to this point, most of my acting partners have been oppas or unnis but Lee Seung Gi is younger than me and his reactions were really great.”  She also added that because of his good reactions, she felt that her acting came out even stronger.
When asked if MinAh still used honorifics in speaking with Lee Seung Gi, she said, “Yes.  Lee Seung Gi calls me MiHo.  When I asked him why he doesn’t refer to me as noona, he said that it would be difficult to carry out the more melo scenes if he called me noona.  Since I am the type to not easily speak informally, I also addressed him as SeungGi sshi or DaeWoong sshi.  And No Min Woo addresses me as MiHo nim.”
She added, “Before I began filming, my thoughts about SeungGi were of of his uhm-chin-ah image and the male entertainer that everyone wants as their son-in-law.Having worked with him, he is not only just a sweet potential son-in-law type.  I found that he was very funny, sincere, and very charming.  Even though he is younger than me, he is reliable and trustworthy to the point where I could have easily called him ‘oppa.’  If I was worrying about some aspect of the drama, he would encourage me and tell me not to worry.  He told me not to worry about the ratings and to just trust in him.”  She laughed and added, “It made me really believe in him…”
MinAh continued, “Lee SeungGi was very popular on the filming site too. There was chaos every time Lee Seung Gi would arrive.  Even the support cast member grandmother would pull out a fan and wave it back and forth to ward off the summer heat for SeungGi.”  MinAh chuckled and said, “I understood why everyone really likes Lee Seung Gi and thought this is a different kind of fandom than what is typical, and knowing that I couldn’t help but to anticipate good things.”
When asked about choosing between DaeWoong (Lee Seung Gi) and Teacher Dong Joo (No Min Woo), MinAh said “Personally, I would want the person that loves me fully.  I think DaeWoong probably has more charms.  Even though you’re angry, you like that person.”  She added with a laugh, “Women typically like bad guys.”
Asked about working with many stars in addition to Lee Seung Gi such as Joo Ji Hoon, Won Bin, and Rain, MinAh said she feels very grateful for this but also burdened by it because of their many female fans.  She added that because she has had the opportunity to be associated with these actors, their fans have also looked upon her kindly.  However, MinAh added, “Because so many of my acting/CF partners have been lovely flower guys, I have often felt burdened.  Their skin is so amazing, especially Lee Seung Gi and No Min Woo.”
When asked about her kiss scene with Lee Seung Gi, MinAh also seemed a little flustered. She blushed and said, “Should I say that I liked it?” and revealed “TV viewers really had boundless interest in the love and affection between the two persons.  Of course a kiss scene was going to happen but a lot of them were asking when the jakjiki would occur and was anticipating this.”  She added, “Miho was probably very thrilled and happy to be in love with Daewoong, so from that perspective, I liked being immersed in filming that on site.”
Reporter:  The best kiss scene in Shin Min Ah’s lifetime thus far?
Shin Min Ah: The bead kiss I did together with DaeWoong.
MinAh is so sweet to SeungGi! And I really respect MinAh for showing so much respect and love to Seunggi even though she is older by 3 years and at that, a more veteran actor than Seunggi with many more roles and projects.  Seunggi definitely made an impression on her… enough for her to want to call him “oppa!”  I always love reading what other people have to say about Seunggi.  Everyone loves him!
Also, can we please have a My Girlfriend is a Gumiho special?! Just ending with the final episode seems incomplete!  SeungGi had mentioned in another brief interview following his 1n2d filming this past weekend that like MinAh, he too was feeling somewhat despondent now that the drama had ended.  ME TOO!!!!  I had to pack my social calendar this weekend with dinners and outings with friends and dates just to keep my mind off the emptiness that is the end of My Girlfriend is a Gumiho!  Please, fans need their closing fix of BTS interviews, NGs, inside scoop!

Nah pas udah baca itu interview gue bisa ngeliat sifat2 shin min ah. ya walaupun gabegitu yakin2 amat sih wkikiki. tapi gue yakin dia gamungkin suka sama si seung gi. ya pertama shin min ah itu lebih muda dibandingkan dengan lee seunggi. terus ya dia dulu udah pernah main sama Bi Rain, kalo gue jadi shin min ah pasti gue lebih milih Bi Rain laaah. Lee seunggi tuh lucu, tapi not cool enough lah. ya terus shin min ah kan model ya, dia pasti lebih milih nyari cowok yang sama kayak dia gitu, dibandingin pelawak, tp ya kalo seandainya shin min ah suka sama lee seung gi itu berarti bagus lah. lagian gue suka sama hoi hoi couple :D hidup hoihoi couple ;D whihihihi
ini tuh salah satu picture.gif yang gue suka tentang hoihoi :D enjoy the rest of my post :D
LOL

the sweetest moment :')

LOL


No comments: